"You know I'm competitive", De La Hoya said, speaking on DashRadio (h/t The Mac Life). I've been secretly training, bro, secretly training. Secretly training. I'm faster than ever, and stronger than ever.
"I sincerely apologise for my behavior at last weekends" fight event in Dublin, ' McGregor said in a statement on Instagram. Two rounds. Just one more [fight].
"After the event, I had some executives from UFC contact me within two hours after what occurred. That s all I m going to say".
The 44-year-old legend hasn't fought in a professional match in almost a decade.
Conor McGregor is apologizing for storming the cage and getting violent with MMA officials during Bellator 187 in Dublin last week. but he's still trashing the referee.
Although a fight has yet to be officially confirmed, De La Hoya has said he is willing to take on the Irishman in the ring.
Bennett rips Packers after returning to New England
Bennett apparently told his agent to notify teams that he didn't want to be claimed because surgery was on its way. He wasn't in there on many plays, but when he was in there he was effective and it's great to have him back.
But De La Hoya is wary of the threat posed by the Crumlin-born mixed martial arts fighter, adding: "Let's get it straight - in the cage, he would freaking destroy me". After getting a taste of that boxing money, McGregor said he would keep his options open moving forward regarding whether he fights in the octagon or a boxing ring.
McGregor, 29, was knocked out in the 10th round of that fight, which De La Hoya derided as a "circus" and a "farce".
Despite being retired for nearly a decade, Oscar De La Hoya believes he could destroy Conor McGregor. That would be tough to match, but if there's a healthy paycheck involved for both fighters, you can never say never.
McGregor has not been formally punished for the incident.
Whether De La Hoya is serious about a ring return remains to be seen. (My confidence) is how I feel now from my training.
This is not the first time De La Hoya has considered coming out of retirement.
There's no time frame for a return right now, or whether the UFC would be interested in another co-promotion with De La Hoya's "Golden Boy Promotions". He also fought other greats, including Felix Trinidad, Hector Camacho Sr., Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley (twice) and Manny Pacquiao. So I do commend the UFC to some extent for doing that.
Carbon emissions on track to rise this year
Global CO2 emissions from all human activities are set to reach 41 billion tonnes (41 Gt CO2) by the end of 2017. Data from the Department of Environment and Energy shows Australia's emissions have been increasing since 2013.
Salman Khan on twitter with team of his Upcoming Movie Race 3
He also shared his first look from the upcoming flick in which he can be seen pointing a gun wearing an intense look on his face. Salman makes his franchise debut with the upcoming film and is likely to essay his first ever negative character in the film.
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman ultimatum
As the insider further explained, Gadot knew the distributor would side with her on this issue. I stand by all the courageous women confronting their fears and speaking out.
More Sunshine, Warmer Monday
Across our region, clouds will give way to sunshine today, which will boost afternoon temperatures well up through the 50s. More sunshine moves in this week with afternoon temperatures mainly in the 50s aside from Thursday when we could reach 60°.
Zimbabwe: Army chief accused of 'treasonable conduct'
Eyewitnesses also said on Tuesday (Wednesday NZ time) that army tanks were seen about 20 kilometres west of the capital, Harare . Addressing a press conference in the capital, Chiwenga, a perceived Mnangagwa loyalist, said the purges must stop.
Nintendo making Mario movie with USA studio
But because it's still in the early stages of development, we'll probably have to wait several years for its release. Back in 2014, Sony was in talks with Nintendo for an animated Super Mario Bros . film but a deal was never announced.