Federation Internationale de Football Association 2018: Iceland will feel the heat, literally
Major Upsets as World Cup Advances
England boss Southgate sees amusing side after dislocating shoulder
Bucks’ Sterling Brown sues Milwaukee over stun-gun arrest
How to Watch Brazil vs Costa Rica
Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder
13 June 2018, 03:23 | Pamela Mathis
"There's a lot to still work out but certainly if it is real, this is good news for the Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder fight".
Yet it appears a breakthrough has come in negotiations between IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua and WBC title holder Wilder. "Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the UK", Finkel said.
World heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to fight Britain's Anthony Joshua in the UK. "Finkel said that the offer is a two-fight deal with terms also agreed to for a rematch that would take place in the United States".
Wilder announced today that he accepted Joshua's offer to fight in the United Kingdom next up and has also given him the option of going to the USA too of $50 million.
Russian Alexander Povetkin is the WBA's mandatory challenger and is close to a deal to fight Joshua, although Joshua could face Wilder first if Povetkin is able to fight the victor.
"We're not looking to be hard in the contract but again, there seems to be a lot of talking on social media so we'll see if it is all bluster or whether he knows that the Povetkin fight is in the balance". AJ would want Wembley for a fight of this magnitude but if we do October or November you can't really do that outdoors. We've got to speak to them about what date suits them. Finkel said they accepted a guaranteed purse but did not get a percentage of the overall event that they wanted, meaning Wilder was likely offered a large enough guarantee above $15 million to make it worthwhile to forgo a percentage. "It's up to them to choose".
Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) revealed the news Monday on social media. But we need to get the contract back from Deontay Wilder - then we will know if this is bluster or if he is serious'. "But obviously this Canelo fight on September 15 makes it a little more hard with U.S. TV".
Anthony Joshua holds numerous world titles.
Should Joshua, 28, fight the American next, the victor would become the first heavyweight to hold all four recognised world titles at once.
"I don't think they are too keen to do the fight in the U.K.", Hearn told Sky Sports last week.
ICC overturns ex-Congo VP Bemba's war crime convictions
Judge Christine Van den Wyngaert, Presiding Judge in this appeal, read a summary of the Judgment during a public hearing. Van den Wyngaert said it was up to the trial chamber to decide whether to release Bemba from his 18-year sentence .