Two of the most accomplished fighters of their generation treated a sellout crowd of 21,965 at the T-Mobile Arena to a contest of extreme physical and psychological intensity that managed even to surpass their first meeting past year, which ended in a controversial split draw. Two judges, Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld, scored the fight 115-113 and the third, Glenn Feldman, 114-114.
A year after their first fight ended in a controversial draw, Alvarez survived a late barrage from Golovkin to clinch a points decision at T-Mobile Arena.
It was his first defeat since the 2005 world amateur championships. Alvarez, the new WBA and WBC middleweight champ, led for the majority of the fight. I wanted the knockout. A GGG victory, like I had it, or 2.
"I'm very emotional. That's what I did". That was me. I thank my team, who else has a team like that?
Kazakh Golovkin, 36, thought he had perhaps done enough to get the decision. "I think we have to give him the credit rather than say what Gennady didn't do".
Florence continues to wreak havoc on the Carolinas
Meanwhile, in SC , at least one gator seemed to be cool with the outer bands of wind and rain that whipped the Myrtle Beach area. As her son fed the goats in a hotel parking lot, she said she might not be able to return home until the middle of next week.
Apple Watch Series 4 vs Galaxy Watch
The iPhone Xs has a 5.8-inch OLED with 2,436 by 1,125 pixels and the iPhone Xs Max has a 6.5-inch OLED with 2,688 by 1,242 pixels. The two FDA-approved Apple apps monitor for atrial fibrillation , a common heart rhythm irregularity that can lead to stroke.
Said Golovkin: "I feel like I'm a champion, but he's also a champion".
Golovkin threw more punches (879 to Alvarez's 622) and landed more (234 to 202), but Alvarez connected on 143 of his 366 power punches, compared with Golovkin's 116 of 332.
Both fighters were suitably bloodied by the end of a bruising encounter, after Alvares had somehow absorbed a series of blows to the head and chin, while Golovkin's puffy face offered proof that it had been a two-way street.
But on Saturday, even the harshest of his critics - his Mexican countryman who prefer the forward-charging Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.to the crafty counterpunching Alvarez - had to be impressed by just how close he lived up to the embodiment of what makes a traditional Mexican warrior.
Canelo, who was fighting for the first time since serving a six-month ban having tested positive for clenbuterol, appeared willing to sanction a trilogy but not before revelling in his triumph on Mexican Independence Day. Scores were 114-114, 115-113, 115-113 for Canelo.
Florence rains wash away New Bern’s beloved statues
Officials said some 1.7 million people in the Carolinas and Virginia were warned to evacuate, but it's unclear how many did. But with half of the storm still out over the Atlantic, Florence continued to collect warm ocean water and dump it onshore.
Super Typhoon Mangkhut hits the Philippines
Mangkhut is predicted to make landfall in Hong Kong on Sunday morning local time and then move to southern China on Sunday night. China's National Meteorological Centre issued a red alert for the typhoon - the highest possible alert - on Saturday afternoon.
Apple sets a new record for the cost of repairs smartphones
Meanwhile, Apple watchers have been speculating that Apple won't be able to make good on its 2018 deadline for AirPower's launch. It has a built-in electrical heart rate sensor that can take an electrocardiogram, which is a first for a wearable device.
Man dies after apparent shark bite on Cape Cod
He said those officials were responsible for "this frightful shark attack" due to lack of attention and inaction. The man, described as being in his mid-twenties, was reportedly using a boogie board at the time of the attack.
Soon-to-be felon Mychal Kendricks visits with the Seahawks
While Mychal Kendricks awaits sentencing in December, the linebacker isn't ousted from the National Football League just yet. McSwain, Kendricks was able to profit due to the fact that he was receiving insider tips from TV writer Damilare Sonoiki.
'Presidential Alert' system moves into test phase
The new system was ordered by former President Barack Obama to alert citizens about extreme weather events and terrorism. ET to assess its "operational readiness" and make improvements if need be, the agency said in a press release this week.