TGA 2018: Far Cry New Dawn trailer announces February release date
Epic Games Store launches with handful of games
The Gorgeous Nissan GT-R50 Enters Production
Nintendo: Persona 5's Joker Is 'Emblematic' of Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC Approach
Apple Watch ECG app launches today with watchOS 5.1.2 update
Major Fortnite announcements will come at The Game Awards
05 December 2018, 03:43 | Megan Pierce
Fortnite Creative Mode Season 7 to add new Minecraft-inspired mode for Playground fans
Epic Games has made a reputation for being cryptic and leaving clues for players to discover. This latest installment was announced in 2014 as a sort of opensource development version of the game.
People who buy your games automatically subscribe to your newsfeed so you can reach them with game updates and news about upcoming releases.
The store is positioned as a direct competitor to Steam, the dominating game distribution platform, and not to company or publisher specific stores operated by Ubisoft, Electronic Arts or Blizzard; the main reason for that is simple: Epic Games does not limit the Store to its own games.
The Epic Games Store is set to launch "soon" and specialises in PC and Mac titles, with developers gaining 88% of revenue in sales and the remaining 12% going to the Unreal Engine creator.
This is a great interview for developers interested in learning a bit more about how the Epic Games Store will operate, and if it's a good place to publish their work. Epic's new plan removes these milestone requirements, offering a generous 88% for all developers opting into its platform, with its 12% take undercutting Steam's lowest by 8%. If so, which do you use? To jumpstart the creator economy, Epic will cover the first 5% of creator revenue-sharing for the first 24 months. The new tiered system adjusts the revenue share to 75%/25% and 80%/20% when game earnings exceed $10 million and $50 million on Steam.
Chicago Bulls Fire Head Coach Fred Hoiberg After 5-19 Start
It's a major step for the team who are finally starting to get a few healthy starters into the lineup as the new year approaches. Hoiberg's recipe for success was clear to everyone who followed his team, everyone except those running the Bulls organization.
Big questions for the store include how will Epic curate the store and what games can get on. According to Epic's blog post, Steam takes an extra 5% for royalty payments if UE4 is utilized. Maybe we will finally see some competition when it comes time to find quality video games to play on Android.
The Epic Games store is open to games built with any engine, and the first releases span Unreal, Unity and internal engines.
Steam was originally a form of digital rights management (DRM) produced by Valve Software in a bid to protect its own games from piracy.
Now you: do you use online game stores?
"Thursday during The Game Awards don't miss a @fortnitegame announcement and world premiere from Epic's @DonaldMustard, streaming live at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT everywhere", the tweet reads.
Urban Meyer to retire as Ohio State’s head coach
Coach Ryan Day now serves as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, according to the school's website. There is little doubt that this has been one of the most trying seasons in the 54-year-old's coaching career.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 revealed as 5G flagship
Also getting more smarts is the image signal processor for taking photos and videos using Snapdragon 855-powered smartphones. It was confirmed earlier this week that a prototype Samsung 5G phone would be shown off at Qualcomm's Tech Summit in Hawaii.
Urban Meyer Retiring As Ohio State Football Coach
And, of course, Meyer beat hated rival MI all seven times he faced them, including the last three with Jim Harbaugh as head coach. At 54, Meyer is relatively young for a football coach, but health issues reportedly played a role in his decision.
Michelle Obama's advice to Meghan Markle: "Take some time"
I sat on the stoop and there were dogs barking in the distance and I realized Bo and Sunny had really never heard neighbor dogs. What do you need?' - and I made myself toast. "It doesn't go away, that feeling that you shouldn't take me that seriously.
8 countries Pakistanis can travel to without a visa
Pakistan's western neighbor Iran has achieved 42nd spot on the list with its citizens able to travel visa-free to 12 countries. Sheikh Abdullah said the achievement was "a true reflection of the legacy of Sheikh Zayed, the Founding Father of the UAE".