giftedviz.com
giftedviz.com January 19, 2019


After its profit warning, Apple slashes iPhone production by 10 percent

12 January 2019, 03:45 | Rodolfo Wallace

After a disastrous quarter, Apple is cutting iPhone production

Apple cuts 1Q production for new iPhones by 10 pct.: Report

The Nikkei writes: "Apple is cutting its current production plan for new iPhones by about 10% for the next three months in a sign that the US smartphone maker is expecting a further hit this year, just a week after its market-shaking revelation that it would miss revenue forecasts at the end of 2018".

Another source added that Apple has revised its planned production of 43 million units, and is now targeting 40 million units for the January to Mark quarter, from an earlier projection of 47 million to 48 million units.

Apple asked its suppliers late last month to produce fewer than planned units of its XS, XS Max and XR models, the Nikkei reported. Foxconn is said to collect almost 80 percent of its revenue from Apple products, and it's clear that since both Apple component suppliers (who would be selling to Foxconn) and Apple itself slashed forecasts that lagging iPhone sales are to blame here.

Apple blamed the growing tension on import fees between China and the United States as one of the reasons iPhone sales are going down. The Digitimes report of the day noted that "the slower-than-expected sales of iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus have dragged down the momentum for the iPhone X".

Netflix's 'The Punisher' Gets Even Darker in Season 2 Trailer
Following teasers , Netflix shares the first full-length trailer for season two of Marvel's The Punisher . Steve Lightfoot ( Hannibal ) serves as showrunner, writer, and executive producer.


Early Reactions Begin Pouring in for Rajinikanth and Ajith Films
According to trade expert Ramesh Bala, Viswasam has got a better opening than Petta in Tamil Nadu. As I said earlier, the credits should go to Karthik Subbaraj.


Driver who crashed while blindfolded was participating in ‘Bird Box Challenge’
This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. Lyman says it should serve as a warning he never thought he'd have to give: Don't drive while blindfolded.


Apple also said that it will stop disclosing iPhone shipments, starting from the October-December quarter this year. Delphi Private Advisors LLC acquired a new position in shares of Apple in the 2nd quarter valued at $120,000. And to make matters worse, it seems that Apple could soon transfer much of its production to Pegatron, another famous assembler, in the hope of avoiding further bans on sales, in addition to the bans already received in China and Germany.

The Nikkei said Apple could not be reached for comment on the information.

The report comes after chip suppliers Samsung Electronics and Skyworks Solutions flagged weak first-quarter chip demand for smartphones. However, most of Apple's products do not come under the increased tariffs bracket.

Chief Executive Tim Cook reiterated in an interview with CNBC on Tuesday that India was a major focus for Apple. And that, of course, is why Apple will no longer provide unit sales numbers.



Other News

Trending Now

Arsenal favourites for Carrasco?
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has agreed to join Juventus in the summer, Sky Sports News understands . Carrasco is on a high wage and his Chinese club would be unwilling to sell him for a low fee.

Beijing Expresses Optimism, Some Willingness to Concede After Trade Talks Conclude
That throws into doubt the possibility of a trade agreement based largely on Chinese promises to raise US imports. Chinese pledges to increase US imports would naturally center on a boost in agricultural products sent to China.

Poland arrests Chinese businessman and Pole on espionage allegations
China's foreign ministry said it was "greatly concerned" by the reports , and urged Poland to handle the case "justly". A LinkedIn profile for a man named Stanislaw Wang appears to match details of the man described by Polish television.

Canada's Milos Raonic to face home-nation Nick Kyrgios at Australian Open
He is projected to take on world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the third round of the tournament should he win his first two matches. The match ended on a weird note when Tomic's final serve was an underarm tweener that caught Kyrgios completely off guard.

Trump Won’t Answer Any More Questions From Mueller In Russia Investigation: Giuliani
Trump has denied any collusion with Moscow and Russian Federation has said it did not meddle in the election . For one, also this week, the US attorney for the Southern District here in NY indicted Natalia V.

Amazon's IMDb Launches 'Freedive,' Ad-Supported Streaming Service 01/11/2019
The ad-supported service is available from today in the U.S. on the web, and via Amazon's Fire TV devices . If you've got an IMDb or Amazon account, you can start watching Freedive at https://www.imdb.com/freedive.

Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, to testify publicly before Congress
Cummings had pushed past year for the committee to summon Cohen to testify about his interactions with the president. On Thursday, Cummings said he was consulting Mueller's office to ensure that he did not hinder its efforts.

GM worker protest interrupts production at Oshawa, Canada plant
A variety of armoured reconnaissance vehicles, gun tractors and softskin trucks lined up at the GM Oshawa plant in October 1942. Hundreds of workers walked off the job at the Oshawa plant in protest on the day GM announced its plans.

Chelsea prepared to report Bayern to Federation Internationale de Football Association over Hudson-Odoi
Sarri said: "I think that it's not professional, because they are talking about a player under contract with Chelsea ". Malcom, 21, ticks all the boxes for what Sarri needs in a winger and has more potential than 30-year-old Willian.

Monaco target Michy Batshuayi after swooping for Chelsea team-mate Cesc Fabregas
The 31-year-old joins the Principality club, who are 19th in Ligue 1, in time to make his debut this weekend against Marseille. Chelsea have officially confirmed that they have parted ways with Cesc Fabregas in the current transfer window.